Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week Forty - Valentine's Day and Patience!

Buenos dias!  So yeah, I couldn't email yesterday due to the holiday.  We tried to email at the office of our apartment complex, but they kicked us off after a half hour.  Sorry you had to wait an extra day, but I really don't have anything crazy to tell y'all.  We had a very typical week.  We taught a bundle of lessons and found some great people with even greater potential.  The weather has been just splendid the last few days, in the 60's and 70's!  So there were a ton of people outside, and we had a good time trying to talk to as many as we could.  People seem to be a lot more open when they are outside rather than being able to hide behind a door. 
      Our one solid baptismal date went to Mexico this weekend to pick up his 14 year old son, so we are going to have to push his date back a bit.  But this could be better, because now we can baptize his son too!   But he lives in a garage, and the family that lives in the house doesn't really like us or him, so I don't know why he is living there.  He doesn't want us in his garage, so we usually have our lessons sitting in our car when it's not at a member's house.   It takes a while for him to get it, and as bad as I wish I could just throw him into the font and baptize him already, he's going at his own pace, and he will get there soon.  Patience. 
   Valentine's Day was nothing special.  A young member in the ward made us and the sister missionaries lasagna and garlic bread for dinner.  Thank goodness I didn't have to go to Applebee's with Elder Malpartida on Valentine's Day!  We will use our gift cards soon, but I just couldn't go on a day like Valentine's Day.  Elder Malpartida is super excited to go.  He's never been!  So, one missionary Valentine's day with an elder as my valentine down, and only one to go!
   Well, it is good to hear that all is well back home.  Uncle Ken is healthy and still got game.  You should have sent me a picture of Tom wearing the jacket!  I don't remember what it looks like, but I do remember buying it and planning to wear it for some special occasion, but I never did.  I'm glad Em was treated well too!  You should make a list of movies I need to see when I come home.
-Camera is working just fine.  It's crazy to see the men of the house so hairy!  And even Toby had a Valentine?!  That's my boy!
-I also received a card from Emilee and Grandma and Grandpa.  Thank you!
-The oatmeal balls were really good!  I was wondering if they were some sort of healthy treat, but they tasted too good to be healthy.  So I didn't really notice any increase in energy, probably because I wasn't looking for it. 
-We love the socks and it will be easy to get away with wearing them.  There are lots of missionaries that don't stick to the solid blue and black sock rule.
-Air fresheners are working perfectly.  I love coming home to a fresh smelling apartment! 
-Driving is alright.  I think we will make it through the month only because it's a short month.  It's just so hard to limit miles in such a big area! 
-Has Tom gone on any dates yet?
I think that'll do it for this week.  Thanks for all you do for me.  Your prayers and support and love really do make a difference!  I love you all and miss you all more than you can even comprehend.  It's like 12 feet above your comprehension level, at least.  No joke!   Have a great week! 
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment