Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week Eighty Two - Transfers and Leaving Garland!

P-Day emailing crew!

Distrito el Garland Espanol!

Zone Christmas picture!

The best zone, ever!!


Hiiiiii! 
All is well here in Garland, and today is my last day in Garland!  Last night we received transfer calls and they told me to pack my bags and be at the transfer chapel tomorrow!  I have no idea where I am going or who my new companion.  The anticipation is killing me!  I am quite excited.  Elder Berardy is pretty bummed I am leaving, and I am sad we only had 5 weeks together.  It always seems to be the shortest time spent with the best companions.  I guess that is just the way the cookie crumbles.  It will be good experience for Elder Berardy to take over this area.  Super ready for whatever is to come!
Two of our investigators received their answers to the Book of Mormon this week!  Maria and Patricia Garcia, who I have mentioned before, are the only two in their family that have really been reading.  Patricia is the daughter and she tells us that every time she reads, she feels really happy.  Then there is Maria, the mother, who has been the most hardheaded and stubborn of them all.  She told us that she woke up at 1:00 in the morning with a desire to read the Book of Mormon.  So she went into the closet, and for the first time she actually prayed before reading.  She was having a hard time focusing, so she started reading aloud, and a warm and peaceful sensation came over her that she had never felt before.  And what was that sensation?  The Spirit, of course!  She has really softened and opened up, and it is awesome!  It just goes to show that God wants to give us an answer, we just have to do our part first!  Now she tells us that every time she prays, she sees a vision of a little red brick house that is isolated from a little pueblito, and she wants me to tell her what it means.  I wish I knew!  I am a little worried to leave them, because for some reason they absolutely love me, and it is almost as if Elder Berardy is not even there when we go over there.  But I have confidence in Elder Berardy!  I just love to see the Spirit work on people and soften their hearts. 
This week I finished reading El Libro de Mormon.  I sure do love that book!  
We got cussed out by a homeless borracho the other night, who was playing his guitar outside a laundry mat.  He was really looking for a fight.  As he walked away he yelled to us:  "BATMAN. IS. HERE!"  And I am quite sure he was referring to himself.  It makes me really sad to see people like that.  
Last night we had a good time delivering as many Christmas baggies as we could.  People really liked them!  We still have a few left, but we will hand them out tonight.  Really great idea and I appreciate them!
-I got the 12 days of Christmas letters.  Thank you!
And that's my week!  Or at least all that is worth mentioning.  Thanks for the update.  Know that I love you all and pray for you all!  I am praying for a White Christmas for you!  I love Christmas!  I love being a missionary!  Sometimes it is a bit of a grind, but it is for a good cause and the Lord makes it well worth it!  May we all remember Jesus Christ during this special time of year, discovering more, accepting more fully, and sharing it with all those that we love!  I have a testimony of Jesus Christ and it brings a smile to my face and joy to my soul to be able to share it with Texas every day!
Elder Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment