Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Week Six - Thingymabobers!

 This e-mail cracked a lot of people up!  It's kind of short :(... but still so nice to hear from him!

 Hello Everyone!

    I don´t have much to say about this last week. It was pretty average. But I did start running a mile every day (16 laps around the mini-track we have here), and I bike for about 10 kilometers, which I think is just under 5 miles I think, on the workout bike thingymabobers. With only three weeks left until I leave for the mission field I thought I should start getting my legs more prepared. I leave on the 14th of February, by the way. Tomorrow, we will have a general authority speaking to us, here in the MTC, Elder Anderson, which should be really cool. Last week, I was going to send a picture home through Mr. Cheney´s of me in front of the temple, but one of the MTC workers asked to see my camera, noticed the pictures, and said that I should not have pictures of the temple, or I should at least not show anyone, so I will just hold on to them until I get out to the field and then I will send them. I can´t send pictures through costco because I can´t go to any website other than lds.org, mormon.org or the ldsmail site. But I sent a picture of me with the MTC president and his wife last week, which looked weird, but I couldn´t tell it looked weird on the camera so I didn´t know until after I printed it out, and some pictures of flowers for em to paint, but if you didn´t get them I will try again next week.
    I guess I will start trying some beans, one of the elders in my district said  they have a good amount of protein in them and I should start eating them. I did not receive a package with beef jerkey in it, sorry :( I can´t really think of anything I need from home. I am well supplied here so things are good. I am glad to hear church ball is going good this year. Hopefully you guys get further than we did last year/two years ago, I can´t remember, when Landon couldn´t play because of an injury. And that's awesome that Dad got called to stake athletics, let me know what he does now when he figures it out.
    The microfiber towel works good, not having any problems with it, but I need to remember to send it through the wash because it doesn´t smell too good right now. I might ask for another one when I get to the field. Shirts are coming out of the drier just fine, and I ran out of time so I gotta go. I´m being kicked out :(. I was slow today I will answer more questions next week. BYE!

Love Elder Williams

5 comments:

  1. Oh, the weekly letters! We take whatever we can get and oh how sweet they are! He sounds great! How long does it take a letter to get to him? Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy,
      I think it takes about ten days to two weeks to get letters there.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like he is doing well and having fun on the thingymabobbers. I entered the mission field on Feb 14th as well---22 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like he is getting settled in and ready to get out there and start meeting new people.
    Even "short and sweet" letters are GREAT. We all love hearing how he is doing.
    Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete