Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week Fifty Three - Some Amazing Physical Therapy and Loving Spanish!

The District!

The District, again!

Smashing toilets service project!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY!  Glad to hear you had a good day yesterday!  
We had a pretty good week here.  Nothing crazy; it was hard and frustrating, people were flaky, but we managed to have a good time, just like every other week!  
Our best investigators right now are Jackie(12 but looks like she is 15) and Lizeth(9 but looks like she is 12), the daughters of a recently reactivated family that was baptized about 5 years ago.  They are both super shy, and we have been trying super hard to get them to open up to us, and we have been stressing out over trying to make the lessons fun and simple for them.  Teaching young kids is hard!  But we make them laugh, and we are starting to establish a friendship with them.  Their parents are great and a huge help.  We set a baptismal date with them this week for the 14 of June, and I actually feel pretty good about this one!  
We got some disappointing news last night from one of our other top investigators when she told us that they were leaving for Mexico for the summer on the 9th of June.  Her husband needs to stop working on Sundays, along with her oldest son, they need to get married, and the whole family just needs to show more commitment and get more involved.  They want to consider baptism more seriously when they come back in August.  They are a great family and would be a great addition to the branch, and I believe they will soon, but their time I guess is just not yet.  
I feel like we are wasting our time with people that always let us in and accept our message, but don't act on it and never progress(eternigators is what we call them here in the mission).  We have the goal of teaching 30 total lessons for this last week of the transfer, which is double what we taught this week.  But we are going to work our tails off this week to find and teach some people that are really ready! 
On Thursday we had a Stake Priesthood meeting that was really good.  Stake meetings here in McKinney are nearly general conference status!  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is just amazing.
I felt pretty useful this week at the place where we do service when I was needed to translate for a customer.  I love being able to speak Spanish!    
I can't remember if I told you about Aleck yet, but he is a member of one of the English wards and leaves for his mission to Peru in a few weeks.  He has been coming out with us a lot to get a feel for Spanish and the mission life.  He is a great kid and going to be a killer missionary.  But his mom is a crazy brilliant physical therapist who apparently works miracles.  She can fix anything from what we had heard.  She has helped her mom recover from six strokes, she healed Terrell Owens' knees, she's got an 11 year old kid throwing a baseball 90 mph, and George Foreman is currently on her waiting list!  She is the real deal, and we got to meet her for the first time last night.  She identified my shoulder problems without knowing any of my history just by looking at me!  She knew I did a lot of bench press and that my right shoulder was worse than my left.  She said she could see a lot of other problems with my body but she didn't want me to feel self conscious so she wouldn't tell me all of them.  But apparently I haven't been able to breath the way I should be able to because my chest was too tight, restricting my lungs and preventing my diaphragm from working the way it should.  She worked on my for 10 minutes and my shoulders haven't felt this good in years, my posture is better, I stand taller, and I can breath better, and she made it easier to touch my toes than ever before!  I don't even know what she did to me but it was crazy!  I'm hoping to work for this lady after my mission.  This afternoon she is letting us come into her gym/studio for a training and to mess around with her equipment.  It will be neat!  
Dickey's is everywhere in Texas, and I've never eaten there, but I've heard it's one of the worst in Texas.  I guess now I'll have to try it out for myself!  
I am sorry to hear about David's brother.  That is terribly sad and his family will definitely be in my prayers.
Tom, I am super excited for your bike trip to California!  You should definitely continue to train hard because that is going to be an incredible accomplishment!  I want to do that kind of stuff when I get home.

-I got your first package on Friday, but I haven't opened up any of the wrapped presents yet because I wasn't sure if they were for my birthday or year mark.  I'm saving them for tomorrow.
-Thursday was weekly planning day, my least favorite day of the week, and it was not special by any means.  But we went to Chili's on Saturday and enjoyed a nice meal.
-Yes I can listen to cd's, and I just realized that I should have asked for some of those for my birthday, because I am getting really tired of the music that I've got.
-For my birthday my district leader is coming to my area for an exchange with me.  It is his last week in the mission, and he really wants to eat at Hutchins in McKinney before he goes.  So we will probably go there at some point, but other than that, no plans.  Holidays are just like any other day in the mission, and they come and go before you know it, so I am not planning on anything special.  
-The weather has been perfect lately, 70's and 80's, lots of overcast and rain and I love it!  

That's all I've got for y'all this week.  Love and miss you all!  Have a superb week! 

Elder Williams
   

No comments:

Post a Comment