Sunday, September 28, 2014

Week Seventy - Breakfast With Jess and PRO Rings!

Hey Fam!

   Another week has flown by already, and we are now in the last week of the transfer!  So transfer calls will be this Saturday. . . I have no idea what to think or what to expect!  Waiting on transfer calls can sometimes be excruciating, but all will be well!  This week was interesting.  There was a fun branch activity saturday night, Noche Hispana Cultural, where there was lots of music and food and dancing.  Elder Alkonis caused some ruckus when he went out on the dance floor and innocently danced with a few peeps.  Some members made a big deal of it, others loved it and wanted to see more, and the rest kind of joked about it.  We heard some reeeally funny comments and jokes about it the next day at Church.   I think he learned his lesson.  
   Elder Truman and Elder Meads, the Elders that we live with pranked us super super super good this week.  It ended with my second ever phone call to 911.  I wanted to be mad about it, but they played it all so well that I could do nothing but pat them on the back for it.  The best part about it all is that Elder Meads recorded the whole thing on his voice recorder!  It was hilarious.     
   Jess Johnson took us out to breakfast this morning, which was nice!  He hasn't changed a bit; super intense, talks about history and other things that go way over my head, shares his crazy conspiracy theories with us, and tells us how to be successful in life.  He is crazy, but it was the best breakfast I have had since the last time he took us out to breakfast in January!  So I am not complaining.  
   This week we had a Specialized Training with half of the mission (that was a big meeting!)  It was great to see all my mission buddies, and it is funny to see how missionaries have changed and gained weight hehehe!  I'm trying, but I have actually lost about 10 pounds in this past month.  Anyway, the meeting was great and incredibly spiritual.  President and Sister Taylor are really good at letting us know how much they love us.  Sister Taylor can't hardly say anything without getting emotional, and it is just the cutest and sweetest thing!  But after listening to them I really just wanted to give them both a bear hug.  With the exception of my parents, I don't think I have ever felt so loved by anybody!  President Taylor sort of came up with this thing called "PRO", which stands for Pray, Read, Obey.  He came up with a design for it and put it on a ring and we all got PRO rings!  He talked about importance of PRO in our lives and the difference it can make if we can make those three things a priority in our lives.  Absolutely brilliant and I am 100% on board with it.  Hey everybody, Be a PRO!  That was one of the highlights of the meeting.  As I was sitting in that specialized training, my heart was filled with gratitude for the opportunity I have to serve a mission.  There is honestly nothing better.  Making and seeing friends and old companions, feeling loved by your mission president, singing "God be with you 'til we meet again" to missionaries that are leaving, life and gospel lessons that are worth more than gold, being spiritually uplifted and all that good stuff!  Serving a mission is so worth it in every way that you can possibly think of.  I just couldn't be happier right now!  

-I got all three packages!  Thank you for everything!  
-Transfer calls come this saturday, and transfers will take place the following Tuesday.  I will let you know what happens!  
-District leader has been nothing special.  I wouldn't say I like it, but I don't hate it, so all is well!
-If the socks are supposed to keep my feet from sweating, I wouldn't say they are doing their job.  But between the spray and the oils, it is slowly slowly getting better I think.

Thanks for the update on everyone!  I loved to see the pictures from the trip!  Y'all will be in my prayers!  I hope everybody has a great week!  

Elder Williams













No comments:

Post a Comment