Sunday, January 11, 2015

Week Eighty Five - Happy New Year!!



HAPPY NEW YEAR!  

It is good to hear that all is well there for ya, and that you had a happy new year and everyone is healthy!  Because I am not.  I have had a cold for about five days now, and it has been super annoying because we have had way too much to do, constantly meeting new people and talking people, and no time to slow down or rest.  I am still quite congested, but I think I am starting to get better now.  Almost everyone got hit by the cold this week! It was also cold and wet and rainy nearly all week, and we had no heating in our apartment for quite a while.  That heated blanket saved me!  So it was a bit of a rough week, but we tried our best to make the most of it. 
One of the nicer parts of the week was when we went to the Settle's home.  Elder Packham and his companion live with the Settle's, and missionaries have been living with them for years. They are the sweetest old couple you ever could meet, and they just love missionaries and love having them in their home.  We had to go there to use their computer to send in a report.  It was a bit frustrating because Sister Settle wouldn't leave us alone; she's always got stories to share and pictures to show and food to eat.  The nice part, and the funny part, was when she gave us a back and scalp massage.  I could see in Elder Keller's face that he wasn't sure what to think or say or do, but it felt too good so he just went with it.  It sure made me feel at home.  Sister Settle is too adorable. 
Another frustrating part of the week was when we were knocking some doors, and we got invited in by these two, young punks, that really just wanted to bash and badmouth the Mormons. Elder Keller and I kept our cool, but we sure wanted to give them a beating.  It's after things like that when I am more grateful than ever for the testimony that I have of the Restored Gospel.  I love to share it, teach it, and defend it.  It truly is a privilege that I will always treasure!  

-never found grandma's package : (  I think lots of peeps had packages that didn't turn up.
-New year's eve and new year's day were pretty much just regular days.
-I have not yet used the bullet because I have not yet been able to buy fruit!  but today I will buy some today so I can use it. I will try to just use the mission card for fruit and stuff.
-we have a baptismal date for the 31st, but it isn't super solid yet.  Our area is struggling a bit... but we are working on it!  

I love the start of a new year.  It just feels so fresh and rejuvenating!  2015 is going to be a stellar year!  
Thanks for the updates.  Have a superb week! 
 I love you all to Kolob and back!

Elder Williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment