Sunday, January 4, 2015

Week Eighty Four - Merry Christmas and Skyping!

Got up at 6, hurried and showered and got dressed, and had to rush through opening presents. 


Howdy Y'all!

It is so good to hear from you and it was so nice to see everyone's face on Thursday!  I loved it!  But, I'm not going not going to lie; it was hard afterwards.  I have never felt satisfied after skyping.  It just doesn't fill me up!  So I am happy and grateful to be able to say that we don't have to do that again!  Mom - I am sorry to hear that you have been feeling down lately.  But it is just four short months more.  Hang in there!  Also, I'm glad to hear that you went to Mike's homecoming.  He sent me an email today.  I love that kid!  It's nice to hear an update about all the cousins.  Life hasn't slowed down for anybody it seems.  So much has changed!  Let my cousins know that I love them all too! 
  Elder Keller and I had a busy week.  Elder Keller is great.  I admire him because he knows who he is, he's not trying to impress anyone, he knows which way he faces, and he just gets the job done.  We get along really well!  In some ways he reminds me of Jared Heldt.  Is that kid home yet?  
  Tuesday we went to the temple, and it was just what we needed! Both Christmas Eve and Christmas day were crazy busy.  Almost too busy to enjoy!  We did some carrolling, had a zone meeting, talked with the fam, and ate way too many tamales.  Christmas came and went in the blink of an eye!  It was fun, but Christmas is a stressful time of year, even for missionaries!  So it is nice to put it behind us and be moving on to 2015!
  Christmas day we started reading the Book of Mormon together as a mission and we are going to read it all in 40 days!  The whole mission will be heavenly focused on the Book of Mormon at the start of 2015, and starting January 1st, we are launch an initiative that is going to flood Dallas with the Book of Mormon!  It is going to be pretty neat.  I love that Book!  
  The work here in Casa Linda is alright.  A lot of our investigators are part member families that missionaries have been working with for a long time, and they just don't seem to be going anywhere.  We have a few that are coming along, but the work is kind of slow.  Being a zone leader also takes a little bit away from the work.  I feel like we are constantly planning and trying to keep track of things and contacting missionaries and sending messages and all that good stuff.  I don't know if my plate has ever been so full!  But I like it.  Being busy feels good!

-I never found out who the Myers were, and I seem to have lost the box that had their address on it.  So unfortunately, we may never know!  But I thank them : )
-Grandma's package still hasn't been found.  I'm going to call the Assistants again today. 
-the shirts are perfect!  
-Dad's Christmas card was hilarious!  How did you do that?  It looked like you just glued Toby on there over another dog, but it was on there so good that I wasn't sure.  

-1209 Winifred dr. apt. # 24
     Garland, TX 75041                             my address!

  I want to thank everybody who sent me Christmas cards and presents. Because of y'all, my Christmas was great and filled with love!  I am so grateful for all those who have supported me on my mission.  You really do make my day and make things easier.  THANK YOU! 
  Well, I think that is all I have for this week.  Life is good and I am ready for the new year!  I hope y'all have a great week and a happy start to the new year!!  Stay out of trouble, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!  Love you to Kolob and back! 

Elder Williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment