Monday, December 12, 2011

Early Christmas





Saturday, we had an early Christmas at our house for Tom.  Because he leaves on the 13th, he will be in the Sao Paulo MTC on Christmas Day.  It seemed a little more like a birthday than Christmas to me, but hopefully it felt like Christmas for Tom.  Tom, Em and David also exchanged presents, so Em and David were excited!  He got a new camera, an alarm clock, new tennis shoes, t-shirts, a journal, pens, pencils, a planner and basketball shorts.  It was a little hard to figure out what to buy him because we had most of what he needed already.  Christmas is going to be different this year.... I hope it will still be a happy day for Em and David, but I know Dave and I will probably have a hard time.  I keep telling myself that it will be one down and only one more to go!  After Tom opened presents, we went to his all-time favorite restaraunt, Francesco's, for garlic cheese sticks and pizza.  It was crazy busy and we waited for about 45 minutes, but knew we had to for Tom.  After dinner, we went and saw The Muppet Movie.  It was so wonderful to have a night out with our entire family, even though it may be the last time for a couple of years or even longer.  I have the greatest kids on earth and love them to death!  Good, good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment