Saturday, January 26, 2013

Week Fifty Eight - Frustration!

Hello! You are listening to Brazil Radio News! Here´s your host.... EEllllddeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Williams! *woooo**clap*clap*woooo*

     Haha, stupid.... anyways.... I´m glad to be able to talk tyáll again! I will be honest, things here as far as missionary work are being difficult. A lot of appointments fell, very few people taught, lot´s of people fleeing from us, lots and lots of walking.... o que mais?.... Oh! Fubecas that don´t go to church! Eessh cara(dude)! We had 2 investigators at church yesterday, they both live outside of our area, and one is an atheist that was already taught by the sisters but he never got baptized so I don´t know what is the deal there! Eessh, this week was a little frustrating. But my companion is still really cool. He´s got a bunch of funny stories that he´s already told me, before and while in the mission. I think the stories while in the mission are funnier because it´s about some of the churches here, and he´s got a really funny story of a snake that liked him a lot in his first area, that always calls him Elder Gonzalech.... hahahaha, anyways. Anyways, the missionary work is not wanting to go well, but I´m still fine. I think my companion helps a lot. He´s super humble, and teaches really well. Anyways.... there is one woman that we are teaching here, she wen´t to the church 2 weeks ago, and when we went to visit her during the week, she said one part about the church bothered her, because the person teaching the gospel principals class talked a little about eternal families, that through ordinances of the gospel we can live with our families forever in the presence of God, and she kind of thought that it was bull crap.... But I know it´s not and I know it´s possible, that the family is just as important to God as it is to us, and for that, the family can be eternal. Anyways.... that was my week.
           I´m glad to hear that everyone´s week was good, again. That´s funny that Em´s boyfriend is also Argentinean. My companion wants to know what part of Argentina he´s from. And he also wants to say this: Decile que vamos a tomar unos mates y que está todo piolo con él. I´m not sure what that means yet... I hope it´s not bad! Forgive me if it is! It´s cool to hear about so many of David´s friends are going on missions. Can´t wait to hear where David´s going!!! And I´m also super happy that the Jazz beat Miami! Take that Lebron!
Q&A
Do you have a way to plug in an i-pod charger to a wall outlet?  I could send you one if you can use it without some kind of power converter.  From what I read on-line, it sounds like Brazil has some power outlets like ours, but some that are different.  Just depends on where you are at.  Let me know what you think you have. I´ve been thinking about buying a charger this whole week and realized today that my camera has a plug in/wall outlet thingy with a USB port, so I now know that I can charge my ipod at home. Eeesh I don´t think hard enough.

Did you ever hear from Justin, Taylor or Lucas? Nope, nada.... I guess we´ll have to wait until dezembro.

Do you remember a girl named Carla?  She is friends with me on facebook and she always tells me hi and asks how you are doing.  She looks like a cute girl....................... Is she from Brazil? The only Carla I remember at the moment is  a girl that we baptized in my second area.... it´s not ringing a bell right now... sorry.

Did you get through all of your Christmas treats, yet?  If you haven't, you better hurry because some Valentines treats are on their way! Yes I did. I gave those mints that look like mini Hershey´s kisses to a family here and they said they were bom demais!(too good)

Pics!
Unfortunately, this computer is acting pretty sucky right now, and time is up. I have to go, sorry! I love you all, have a great week but don´t act like doidões! Oh, so one more thing... because of the little success we are having right now, I don´t feel worthy enough to write home anymore, so you will only be hearing from me again if we have a baptism, and this week is not looking good... it´s just a little goal of mine.... So have a few good weeks then, tá bom?! tá. Tchau Tchau!

Love Elder R. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment