Monday, September 9, 2013

Week Ninety One - Worn Out Shoes and Anxious For the End?


Tom writing in the dirt....thinking about home?

Tom, his companion and Eduardo. 

Good morning my family!

           ................................................................................. My week was okay.... I´ve been feeling quite tired lately..... and my companion too.... he´s only got 9 months in the field though.... he´s gonna die early or end up in the mish office..... This past week was very slow to me.... I feel like I should be ending the 3rd week of the transfer já.... Maybe I´m just getting anxious for the end.... não sei....  but we ran this morning which was as tiring as heck...... we´re going to try to do this everyday now.... but I´ve already said that before and it didn´t end up happening.. This week a bunch of schools of the city had a marching band parade that we got to watch a little. ... we had a baptism. Eduardo was baptized. He´s the one that likes to make fun of my accent a lot. Every time we go to his place we just joke around a lot.... He´s Camila´s brother who was the 2nd person baptized when I arrived here. He received the priesthood yesterday after being confirmed in sacrament meeting. Now he has more authority than the pope! I said that to him and he said "clearly, that guys a liar...." OPA! Careful with those words, you might offend someone.... But... that´s about all that happened this week.
Q&A

1. I doubt we´re going to receive i-pads and use Facebook here. The missionaries get robbed enough as it is. I was never robbed fortunately.

2. I saw a little sumtin sumtin about Syria the other day, but I have no idea what they were talking about..

3. So, it sounds like you didn't get anything out of that package I sent....did you even get the shoe cleaner wipes? I got nothing.

4. Are your shoes going to hold up another 8 or 9 weeks?  Do they have any holes in them? HAHAHA, oh frick, mom you´re inspired... The heel of my left shoe is almost completely worn down and there´s a hole in it that gets bigger everyday. EGUA! I will..... see if they hold up....

5. What kind of ice cream were you eating in that picture you sent?  Our guess is strawberry, but we aren't sure if they have strawberries down there. yup it was strawberry. I think it´s imported here.

6. What is your favorite fruit that you can get down there? I like jambo and tangerines....

7. Do you have time to read David's e-mails that I forward to you? yes I do.

8. Do you want me and Em to make you anything in our pottery class? :) Make me something really cool, por favor.... And put the rise against symbol on it... 

Pics!
one of the baptism and the other..... maybe that´s why the week was soooooo slow... I´m tranque até o pó....

Okay then... I´m gonna go now... I love you all, have  a great week... The same thing as last time.....egua..... Hopefully I´ll have better stuff to say next week.... TCHAU!

Love Elder R. Williams


No comments:

Post a Comment