Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week Fifty Nine - Another Baptism and Dinner With Pres. Durrant!

We went to a member’s house for dinner out in the country and their dog, Tex, didn’t hesitate one second to come say hi to us!

David and L at her baptism.

L's baptism with her family.

Elder Packham, L and David at her baptism.

Coolest.  Table.  Ever.

President Durrant says Hi!

Trying to get a frisbee out of the river, that wasn't even his!


Hey Fam!

We had a good week here in the Texas heat.  
Last Monday afternoon, we received a phone call from President Durrant.  He invited us to go to the temple with him on Tuesday with a few other missionaries, followed by dinner.  So we did.  We had no idea who the "other missionaries" were, but when we arrived we quickly realized that it was all of the missionaries who are going home next week.  Haha!  There weren't too many, but Elder Packham and I felt a little bit out of place.  We went to Spring Creek BBQ for dinner.  I got to talk to President Durrant a little bit at dinner, but not too much.  Everybody loves him, but I've heard that the one problem that some missionaries have with him is that he is too professional, all business, and not very social or personal.  I'd say that is true, but I don't really have a problem with that.  Maybe mission presidents are encouraged to be that way.  But "lunch" just really wasn't what I was expecting.  But it finally happened!  And it was a good experience.  The temple and BBQ are always good!        
   We had another baptism!  L, the younger sister of J, entered the waters on Saturday, and I had the privilege of baptizing her.  It was a sweet feeling.  She has finally opened up to us.  Following the baptism, we went to their home for a party, lunch, and some cake.  Her and all her little cousins were begging me to stay all day and jump on the trampoline with them.  I told them we had 10 minutes, and when the 10 minutes was up, I had about 10 kids gang up on me on the trampoline and try to hold me down.  My camera was in my pocket, and they broke it!  But only temporarily; my companion fixed it.  It was funny.  Kids are funny.  
   
-Pizza arrived right on time on Thursday.  I convinced Elder Packham that I had no idea where it came from and it was completely out of the blue.  I could tell he was thinking really hard on who could have sent it, so I finally told him at the end of the day.  But the pizza was great.  Thanks Mommy!  
-This is the last week of transfers, so we should be receiving transfer calls this Saturday night.  I've got four transfers here in McKinney already, which is typically the max in one area, so I'm guessing I'm out of here next week.  But at the same time, I heard that the AP's were entirely in charge of transfers this time because of the mission president swap, and apparently they didn't make too many changes.  So we will see!  
-We have interviews with President and Sister Taylor on Saturday.  It should be interesting, but I'm excited!
-I think it has been in the low 90's mostly.  I guess it has been pretty mild so far in comparison to other summers.  
-Yup Sister Wyss is sitting right behind right now!  But we don't talk too much, and we rarely see each other outside of Monday's.  

-All I ever here about from home is you and your pottery!  You and Em could probably teach your own class by now.  Y'all should send me a mug that I can put on my desk and put my pens and pencils in!  A big mug.  
-Send my congratulations to my cousins on the babies!  And send me pictures when you can!  

Where is Em's and David's house?  

Thanks for the quote, I llllliiiike it!  

I think that's about all that's worth sharing this week.  Thanks for the update, I love hearing about how well things are at home!   Have a great week and a safe and explosive 4th of July!   Love and miss you all!  

Elder Williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment