Sunday, May 5, 2013

Week Seventy Two - Evalyn's Baptism!


The baptism of Evalyn!
Hi Family Williams!

     Nossa! you guys are in Mexico without me!? Is it the same place that you and dad went to a few years ago? About the honey roll things in my b-day package, yes they were good. Uma delicia! I´m glad to hear that Beau made a visit to yas, and is doing well and gave David some advice. About mother´s day, I´m not thinking about it much yet. It will probably have to be in the afternoon, because we have Sunday meetings here in the morning, and I don´t think I´m going to be able to Skype.
     But anyways, this week was okay. We had a baptism (3 in the ward because the sisters had 2 others). Evalyn was baptized this week. I baptized her and another person from the sisters and my companion baptized the last one. This next week Evalyn´s sister will probably be baptized and the week after I think their mother and maybe one more sister. Unfortunately, the baptisms were on Sunday and someone from the stake was there and didn´t allow the confirmation, so we have to wait one more week to confirm them and to confer the holy ghost, and my zone leader was not happy about that at the end of the day. Eu apanhei pa carumba (not sure if I said that right). Anyways, the transfer ended this week. Only 5 more 6 week periods (transfers) and my mission ends. Wow it passes fast. I will be staying in the area, Santarém, my companion will be transferred to a place that is even more in the middle of nowhere than here, but he should do well there, and my new companion is Elder Mendes, I think. He too has little time in the mission. It should be interesting to see what happens this next transfer.
Q&A
I was confused by your second e-mail last week…. I thought the memory card I sent was for your camera.  Is that what you were talking about?  And, I am not sure how to get you more music – do you think e-mailing you the music files would work?  Let me know…. You sent me a little memory card type thing I think for my camera, but I found out that the cellphones we use here also read the card. So I already received a bunch of music from another missionary, but I would like some more Josh Groban music among other things.... I think you can send music through e-mail just fine without any problems.

Did you get any packages or letters this past week, if so, who from? no

Did you hear back from your mission president, yet?  I keep hearing about how they are discouraging parents from picking up their missionaries in certain missions.  Another mom said she was trying to find out the same thing and was getting conflicting information.  Just let me know if you happen to find out anything. Yes I heard from him finally. I sent an e-mail to him talking about some of my preoccupations(?) or worries, so he responded and at the end said that you guys can come and that it is best to come the weekend before I return home, like on Friday or Saturday and I think you can even participate in the dinner that the missionaries of my group will have with president Scisci. So if I use my brain right, I leave Brazil on the 26th of November, it should be a Tuesday, go back a few days.... let me calculate here..... shut up I´m thinking!.... oh not you guys............. on the 22nd or 23rd of November... I´ll let you guys decide this time. Anything goes for me.
Pic of the baptism of Evalyn!

That´s all for this week. I love you all. Have a great week. Stay safe in Mexico!
Until the next week!

Love Elder R. Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment